Friday, February 6, 2015

Styling Lilly Pulitzer in the Winter

Nothing makes me more sad than watching my beloved Lilly Pulitzer shift dresses sit in the back of my closet collecting dust during the winter. And if you live in the midwest like me, winter can basically mean October-April. But have no fear, fellow Lilly-lovers! Now, I'm not saying throw on your favorite shift dress with boots and tights and call it a day, but there are still ways to wear Lilly in these cold and dreary months.

Option 1: Murfee Scarf
Lilly's ever-popular murfee scarves are the perfect way to add a little color into your winter wardrobe. The one I'm wearing here is the Lilly Loves Hope print (and part of the proceeds went to the American Cancer Society, too!)





Lilly Pulitzer Murfee Scarf (similar style here), Vineyard Vines shep shirt (similar style here), Zella Leggings (Nordstrom), L.L Bean Boots (currently on backorder), target socks and pearl stud earrings.


Option 2: Printed Shirt
I can not for the life of me remember the name of this top, but I love it just because of how versatile it is. I've worn it over the summer with colored shorts, as well as how it's styled here. The vest dilutes the busy pattern of the shirt, while still being colorful. The knit scarf adds extra warmth as well as adding an extra wintery touch. 




(Update on the snow situation: It's still here.)


Lilly Pulitzer Top (similar style here), Old Navy Vest (available in other colors here), American Eagle Jeans (you can find jeans anywhere), White knit scarf (I have no idea where I got this...), and black Hunter boots (Nordstrom)


No comments:

Post a Comment