Saturday, April 18, 2015

Strategizing: Lilly Pulitzer for Target

Hi all! Sorry for being MIA lately. After the craziness of the past few weeks (committing to a college for next year, starting a new job, among other stressors of being a second semester senior in high school) I'm happy to say that I will be back and blogging again! I had some free time on my hands tonight so I figure I'd blog about the only thing I've been able to think about all day: The launch of the Lilly Pulitzer x Target collection.

Having shopped the Endless Summer Sale and New Year Cheer sale for the past 4 years, I know firsthand how crazy us Lilly-lovers can get the few times we can score a deal on our favorite shift dresses. For those of you who don't know, twice a year Lilly Pulitzer has an online warehouse sale with AMAZING discounts. Dresses for as low as $70 and scarves for as low as $40, this is a HUGE event for any Lilly-lover. The site crashes every year, and things sell out in minutes. The upcoming Lilly for Target collection has dresses for under $40, and scarves for $20 so you can bet that this sale is going to fly off the shelves.

Target won't release an official launch time for the collection online, but rumor has it that the collection will become available in waves, starting anytime from 12-2AM EST as to not crash the site. Let's just hope we don't have a repeat of the Missoni for Target fiasco.

Here's my plan of attack for scoring everything I want from this collection.

1. Pre-shop the collection online.  Familiarize yourself with the collection and mark all the items that you want, so you won't be overwhelmed when you get to the store/log on to the site. Also make sure to set a budget for yourself (The prices are also online already, so there will be no surprises during check-out). Here's my wishlist for this collection (note that I will not be purchasing ALL of this)


2. Realize that some items are online only. If you are shopping the plus-size collection, that is all online only along with a few other items. Only two of the items on my list are online-only, so I plan to stay up and purchase those then get the rest at my local target in the morning.

3.Shop Early. If you're planning on doing all your shopping online, you should probably anticipate a few hours of hitting refresh at your computer while sipping a coffee and reminding yourself that it will be worth it once you get your new Lilly. If you're shopping in-store, most targets will open at 8AM. I'm planning on getting to my target at 7:45, but this will vary based on where you live. Since I live in the midwest, Lilly isn't super popular and while I'm anticipating a crowd, it won't be as bad in places in Florida or the south where Lilly is well-known and coveted. I've heard some ladies are planning on getting to their Targets as early as 6AM to line up.

4. Divide and Conquer. Target has said that the Lilly items will be within the normal departments (clothing with clothing, homegoods with home, ect.). The best way to reach all departments before items sell out is to bring a friend with you and each take on one or two departments. I'm bringing my mom with my tomorrow morning, so we can cover as much ground as possible in little time.



Have fun tomorrow, and stay classy Lilly lovers! Good luck!



No comments:

Post a Comment