Sunday, April 19, 2015

My Lilly for Target Experience

I had anticipated that the Lilly for Target launch would be crazy. I had no idea just how crazy it would be, though. Around 11:15 pm EST last night, many of the Lilly Pulitzer for Target items were available to purchase on the mobile site, via an external source (I used google). I don't believe this worked for everyone, but I was able to get my Nosie Posie shift with no problem. I debated ordering everything on my list last night, but I wanted to see many of the items in person and the Nosie Posie shift was the only item I wanted that I thought would be online-only.

This morning I got to my local target at around 7:30. People were waiting in their cars, but no one had lined up. Since it was a nice morning, me and my mom decided to get in line. Others followed suit and we ended up being second in a line of about 30. Target employees were very helpful, coming out and answering questions about what merchandise they had in and where it was located in the store. Everyone in line was friendly, but tense because once the doors opened everyone knew all bets were off, and as nice as the pregnant lady behind me was, I was not going to let her beat me to those pom-pom shorts.

Once the doors opened, I made a mad dash to the clothing while my mom went to accessories. I was stunned to see that there was only two racks of clothing. Many of the items that I passed up online last night (Fan Dance shift and Happy Place romper, to name a few) weren't there at all. The pieces they did have only had about one of each size. The racks were emptied in under 30 seconds. Even though I was one of the first to reach the racks, I still had to grab a size up in both of the dresses I ended up getting. I could've gotten the dresses if I was just a few seconds quicker, but I took a detour on the way to grab some headbands. My mom ended up getting 4 scarves, and then found one more discarded at the check-out. By the time we made it over to the home goods, everything there was cleared out too.

Maybe it's just because I live in the midwest where Lilly isn't all that popular, but I was really shocked by how little merchandise they had in the store. Targets in places in Florida and the south had lines wrapped around the building... hopefully they got more merchandise than we did here, or there will be some very disappointed Lilly-lovers.

I ended up getting 5 scarves (one of which I think I'll give to my sister), two dresses, a pair of shorts, two headbands and flip-flops. My mom ended up only getting a top for herself (not pictured, but it was the v-neck tank in Nosie Posie)

What did you guys get from the collection? Was your experience any better (or worse!) than mine?


No comments:

Post a Comment